There is something to that saying “I have a gut feeling”. The small intestine houses around 100 million neurons, which is why the gut now has the title the “SECOND BRAIN”.
Researchers are also considering it the 'engine' to our body. It houses 70% of your immune system and it is responsible for producing and storing neurotransmitters that regulate our moods. In fact the intestinal walls produce and store 90% of our Serotonin.
Therefore, the functioning of our gut is going to have a direct connection with both our physical and mental state.
Unfortunately, digestive issues are leading the way in health complications, and while nutrition is the first place to start when addressing any of these issues, essential oils can also play a helpful role in getting you on the right tract (get it, digestive tract).
- I first became familiar with ginger as an aid for your throat and vocal cords when my husband would suck on a chunk before a show (he's a bad ass rapper turned real estate agent!). I warn you, straight ginger is pretty darn intense!
- I'm now familiar with it as an excellent digestive aid and support for nausea.
- No this oil is not just for Christmas time. One of the most versatile oils and one I recommend always having on hand.
- If you like black licorice then you are going to love this oil. It is commonly use in other cultures as a digestive aid by chewing on fennel seeds after dinner. You can also use a drop of this essential oil to help fight sweet tooth cravings.
- a beautiful blend of ginger, peppermint, tarragon, fennel, caraway, coriander, and anise. This rolls all the digestive oils into one!
Rub any of these oils (diluted) on your stomach, wrists or feet for digestive support. Or put a drop on or under your tongue to ease discomfort. Have them on hand after a big meal; on a long road trip; or continual support for a healthy digestive system!
Disclaimer: the key to essential oils is their quality, and let me tell you all essential oils are not created equal. Be sure to use oils that are certified pure therapeutic grade. CONTACT ME if you want to know the oils I trust most and personally use for my family
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.