It's finally here! What you've been preparing for for the last night months. There are so many ways that essential oils can help you throughout this process: on a physical, emotional, and mental level. There is a lot going on throughout the birthing process, and I hope to help prepare you with the essential oils that will best support you.
I'm going to give you a lot of options of essential oils to use during the process. You don't need to try to use all of them, that may get a bit overwhelming. Pick and choose which ones you feel most effected by and most connected to...and which scents you prefer best. Of course, it may be nice to be prepared with as many as you can, because your preferences may change when your in it.
- Calming Blend: helps to calm the nervous system and ultimately reduce feelings of stress.
- Invigorating Blend: a blend of all of the citrus oils, this blend can be uplifting and energizing and create a positive energy in the room.
- Grounding Blend: brings a sense of grounding and balance, followed by an increased sense of strength and courage. It can help with feelings of fear during your labor.
- Geranium: can help enhance circulation
- Massage Blend: can also help with circulation. Massaging it into areas of tension can bring relief and provide a sense of calm and relaxation.
- Basil: this oil can help with pain management during the labor process. Have someone rub with fractionated coconut oil onto your lower back for comfort and support.
- Grounding Blend: helps to ground you and connect you to your lower body, instead of the desire to run from the sensations, it helps you to stay present and push into your strength.
- Clary Sage: can support effective contractions once the process has started, and help strengthen the labor process. It can also help with expelling the afterbirth.
- Joyful Blend: this blend can be uplifting and help bring balance and stability to your emotions, helping with any issues of overwhelm as the labor begins.
- Clary Sage: can help calm the nervous system and ease feelings of anxiety through the process.
- Lavender: this is a very gentle oil as you bring your beautiful baby into this world. It can bring a sense of calm and relaxation to the room.
If you want know the only essential oil brand I'll use, especially during pregnancy, contact me and I'd be happy to share! P.s...congrats on the pregnancy! *These recommendations are only for high quality EO. I always urge the 'less is more' theory when it comes to essential oil use, but even more with pregnancy. 1 drop goes a long ways! And diluting with a carrier oil is a major plus.
Ready to get started with essential oils for you and your family? Get started here!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram for an Essential Oil Giveaway!
For further information on health and essential oils during pregnancy, I recommend the book Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth & Babies by Stephanie Fritz, LM, CPM.
BE SURE TO CHECK BACK FOR WHAT OILS TO USE DURING THE NEXT PHASES OF PREGNANCY!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
**Pregnant or lactating women should consult a physician prior to the use of dietary supplements and cosmetics. Also, consult a physician prior to giving supplements to, or applying cosmetics on infants.